Friday, July 23, 2010

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

(Posted 11/14/08)

Hi again!This is a post that I have been meaning to write for the past several weeks but just hadn’t gotten around to it until now. Not only do we have our hands full with our sweet baby girl, as you all know, we have also been trying to deal with the loss of our dear friend, Anne Pressly. More on that in a moment.
I want to take this opportunity to offer some “thank you's“ First of all, I want to thank all of YOU! Our viewers have shown an outpouring of support and love to us as we welcome baby Sydney into our lives. You’ve commented on this blog, written letters, sent gifts, and most importantly… kept us in your thoughts and prayers. I can’t thank you all enough! We often refer to all of our viewers as part of our Channel 7 family… and that’s exactly what you all are! Thanks for all the well-wishes… and keep those prayers coming.
I’d also like to thank the nurses and staff at Baptist Hospital. You all are so great! Our labor and delivery nurse, Jessica, was so awesome! I am so glad that she was the one that was there when we came in. Thanks for everything! And to Luanne and all of our follow up care nurses… you all are great! We can’t thank you enough. You all made my labor and delivery experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Lastly, I’d like to thank Anne Pressly. Anne was such a bright spot in our newsroom. I want to thank her for her fun personality and her zest for life. I also want to thank her for her strong faith. She really is an inspiration to the rest of us. I can’t help but think of the cycle of life as our sweet Sydney was born just 48 hours before Anne was brutally attacked. I sure hope Sydney has some of the same positive attributes that Anne shared with us.
It’s been such a mix of emotions these past few weeks. My husband and I are experiencing some of the greatest joy with the birth of our first child. But at the same time, the loss of Anne has been devastating. The tears come often. The anger wells up too often. But I know that time heals all wounds. And with the support of friends and family and the strength of my own faith, we will somehow make it through this difficult time. I am so thankful to have baby Sydney here to always cheer me up. We really are so blessed.
Here are a few pictures. I’ll try to post pictures more often in the future!
Thanks again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment