Friday, July 23, 2010

Personal Story of Infertility

(Posted 07/10/08)
Well, this is definitely a less-fun topic to discuss than all the previous ones but I think it’s an important topic none-the-less. If you were watching Channel 7 News Nightside on Thursday, July 10th you saw the story I did on infertility. Well, that story had a lot of personal meaning because my husband and I were also patients at Arkansas Fertility Clinic. We had tried for about two years to have a baby and had gone through seven failed insemination procedures. In January, we decided to take a break before starting the In Vitro Fertilization process. And that’s when we got pregnant!!! It really was unbelievable. No drugs... no procedures. Even our doctor, Doctor Fransisco Batres, said we must have had a little help from above!
I wanted to share our story because I think it can give others hope. After being diagnosed with “medical infertility” it was so hard to remain hopeful but I’m so glad we did!
Thanks for all your support!

Update:
Thanks so much for all the comments! It is so good to hear from others who have been in the same situation. I love hearing the successful adoption stories too. We actually strongly considered adoption (my husband was adopted) but the high price of private adoption agencies made us look for other options. So we attended an informative meeting by The CALL (Children of Arkansas Loved for a Lifetime) and had planned to pursue getting certified to become adoptive parents. But that was right around the time we found out we were pregnant! However that’s definitely something we may do someday. I just think it’s so important for people to know that there are many options out there for those who want to become parents.
Thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers… you all will be in my prayers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment