Monday, May 7, 2012

Sydney's first dance recital

Sydney did GREAT at her first dance recital!! I really thought she may be too overwhelmed to dance (like at dress rehearsal) but she actually did most of the steps that she was supposed to do. :) I was one proud momma! 
What surprised me was how emotional I was. I was smiling as big as could be and tears were rolling down my cheeks. I guess it just seemed like yesterday when I was the one on stage, wearing a tutu, performing for my parents. I still can't believe that I'm a mom to two wonderful little girls and that my first born is old enough to be dancing on stage. What an awesome moment!!! A big congrats to all the teachers and staff at Shuffles and Ballet II for putting on such a wonderful show!
And a big thanks to my husband Dave, who drove Reagan around so she could sleep while I helped get Sydney get ready. Thankfully, they made it into the auditorium just in time to see Syd dance (and then she slept some more while the performance continued...perfect!). And we of course had to go out for ice cream after the show to celebrate!!!


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful....just like her Mom!!

    ReplyDelete