Monday, September 6, 2010

Placerville Family Camp

Placerville is a church camp in the Black Hills of South Dakota. As a child, my family went to the family camp every year. My mom and sisters all still live in South Dakota and go every year but I haven't been back in more than a decade. This place means so much to my family that when my dad died (five years ago) there was a plaque and beautiful, peaceful area dedicated to him. This past July, I finally got to return to camp and introduce Sydney to everyone. The best part was that my mom had no idea we'd be showing up! My sisters help set the surprise up and the expression on her face was priceless when we surprised her!!



My mom, my sisters, and their families

Me and my girl!



This is the plaque for my dad

I loved this moment! It's almost as if Sydney knows that this is in honor of her grandpa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment